Saturday, July 31, 2010
Wednesday, July 28, 2010
Monday, July 26, 2010
And here's one of my new rompers from Burlington's Coat Factory! :D I wore it over my swimsuit. The romper was $7. It has a pocket on the sides and one on top. My nails, toes, and bracelets really added color to this gray romper. :-)
As you can see it's really short. But hey I was at the beach so I didn't care. ;-)
Thursday, July 22, 2010
Wednesday, July 14, 2010
I love the beach. It's so relaxing to me & I can't wait until our beach getaway next weekend. The hubs and I are going to Virginia Beach. This is our 2nd time going there. So right now I'm just in the middle of getting my beach essentials together. So here's what I need...
1. Beach hat
2. Another bathing suit (I really want 3 of them!)
3. My black Walmart flip flops broke so I need another cheap pair. I saw some $5 ones at Fashion Bug...
I've got everything else: sunglasses, sunblock, beach bag, towels, etc. I'm starting to really like monokinis. I went to Target today looking for this one...and this one, but I didn't see them, but I did find the PRETTIEST bikini. :D Funny how clothing stores never seem to have what's online, but you always end up finding something just as cute. ;-)It's freaking gorgeous. Did I buy it? You'll just have to wait and see. ;-) Annnnnnd I finally found the perfect summer beach hat! So I'm almost set for Virginia Beach next weekend. :-) Can't wait! Are you going to the beach this summer? What's your fave beach? Mine is Maui...even though I've never been! :0 It's on my wish list though.
P.S. Guess what?? I have some new rompers! I can't wait to wear the other one and the 2 NEW ones!
Monday, July 12, 2010
This was a Miley Cyrus hat I think. It was $5....My face is too fat for hats. Ugghhh.
Even though I liked both hats, I didn't buy either one. I need to be sure that $5-7 is the absolute cheapest I can get a hat for. #cheapskate I was telling my husband about the hats and he immediately finished my "i didn't get one of the hats because..." sentence. He said, "you want to make sure that's the cheapest you'll have to pay." LOL, It was so funny! He's knows me so well. I'm not an impulse shopper at all. I used to have that in my blood though. Not anymore. :-) I am thinking about hitting up one of the thrift stores in search of one.....I think I'll end up getting one of the Walmart hats though. I like them. What do you ladies think? I'm so not a hat person! lol....
Friday, July 9, 2010
It never fails....every summer I'm usually hit with bacne & chest acne. It's the area on my body that's the most prone to break out when it's hot. The heat and me frequently co-washing my hair always take their toll on my back especially. It's happened in the past when I was teenager and I never knew what to do about it...I just tried not to pick with them too much. Didn't want the scars that come with busting pimples, lol. As an adult, I've developed a plan to keep the back & chest acne in check. When I put on a shirt with my back out or a cute sleeveless dress, the last thing I want to see is a pimple. I usually start this routine right before it starts getting warm consistently...usually in April or May.
Here's what I do:
1. Exfoliate my whole body 2-4 times a week with St. Ives Naturally Clear Apricot Scrub Blemish & Blackhead Control. I concentrate the most on my back & chest. By mistake, I bought the Blemish Fighting Apricot Cleanser so I've been using this as well. Yes, it's a essentially a face cleanser, but I find it to be very effective on the body too. Some find this scrub too harsh, but it's just right for my skin. One thing my skin needs is constant exfoliation. Some people can get away with never exfoliating.
2. I use my daily face wash which is Black Opal Skin Perfecting Acne & Blemish Wash. I try to apply it to just my chest & back every other day. I've been using this face wash since high school. I buy it from the beauty supply store. Sometimes I can find it in CVS too... When I run out of face wash, the next best thing for me is baking soda & water. ;-) You don't have to use this one, whatever you use on your face should be just fine. Just make sure the wash a 2% Salicylic Acid. SA is the ingredient that help stop pimples. The Black Opal only has .5%.
3. When I really want to "treat" my back & chest I use my Queen Helene Mint Julep Masque. :-) I love how cool it makes my skin feel. I put this on for about 15-20 minutes and then I get into the shower to rinse it off. Queen Helene carries a lot of different masques so I'm thinking of experimenting with some of the other ones this summer. I already have the Grape Seed one and I used to give myself the Mud Masque treatments.
4. I can't use overly moisturizing body washes. I bought one from the Dollar Tree a few weeks back and my back did NOT like it. I immediately started breaking out. Not too bad, but a little. The rest of my body loved the added moisture to my skin. lol, I checked out the ingredients and the second listed was petroleum jelly. Can't have that on my back and chest. Break out city. : \
That's it! And the best thing about all of these products is that they're all under $6. The only thing that costs me $6 is my Black Opal. You don't need to pay a fortune for good products. ;-) I've been using all of these products since high school & they work very well for me. Do you get bacne? Or even chest-acne? How do you treat it?? I hear Head & Shoulders is another way to treat bacne! -K.D.
Wednesday, July 7, 2010
I just had to throw this one in the mix...even though I have no intentions of getting it! It's the Helene Berman Bow Straw Floppy Hat retailing for $160.94. I'm not paying that kind of loot of a hat.....but isn't this hat GORGEOUS?!
Tuesday, July 6, 2010
In case you're wondering how I did my hair....
This park is really scary to me... : \ It's more like a creepy forest. Oh and I wore a reddish lip color. This is new for me as I'm always doing the nude lip.
I felt so girlie in this shirt! :-)
Here are the books I bought. I'm the biggest J. California Cooper fan you will EVER KNOW! :D She is my favorite author. No one comes close to her. I hope to meet her one day. :-) This is her latest book and I'm soooo late getting it. I also got Sister, Sister by. Eric Jerome Dickey. I read this many years ago, but I want to re-read it. :-) I still have some money left on the gift card so I'll be back
Shirt: 579, $2.99! (Please everyone stop sleeping on 579.)
DIY Jean Shorts: I actually bought these from Ross last year in the fall for $8.99. I got home and tried them on and they were too small. I lost the receipt so I couldn't take them back..... :\ So I decided a few days ago to cut them up to see if they would fit and what do you know....they did! The skinny legs didn't fit me. The jean shorts are now perfect. :-)
Spy Bag: This was a gift from the hubs. :-) Does anyone have the real spy bag???
And the shoes are just my old gold flip-flops......How was your 4th? What did you get into? :-)
Friday, July 2, 2010
You can see the shoulder pad on the right poking out. :o