Thursday, June 24, 2010

D.C. Caribbean Carnival Outfit Inspiration

I'm going to the D.C. Caribbean Carnival this weekend and I'm so excited! :-) I've tried going in the past with my husband, but we always would arrive too late. Not this time! lol, I'm on it. I don't know what to wear, so I thought it would be fun to look for a little inspiration. Check out these photos from the D.C. Caribbean Carnival from the previous years. My Miley Cyrus romper would have been perfect for this, but I want to wear something different.

Here some pics from the parade that's a major part of the carnival. Warning: Photo overload! ;-)




I love the girl's top on the far right!




Wow. I would be scared as hell to get on those things!
Work it mama!






This girl looks so familiar...

Looking at all these photos makes me want to wear something colorful. Granted-my outfit won't be as risque. They're in the parade so they have an excuse. Just when I was going to wear the shirt the hubs got me....Do any of you ladies live in the D.C. area? Are you going to the Caribbean Carnival??? Or have you been in previous years? How was it? :-)

-K.D.

9 comments:

tlb123 said...

Yes, I live in DC and I go to Carribean Fest every year. It's so live and I love the food!!!!! Can't wait until Saturday!!!!!

Kenya said...

Hey tlb123! If you see me there, say hi! :-)

-K.D.

Mademoiselle Ruta said...

This looks like so much fun. We have something like this in Toronto. I can't wait to go.

###### said...

Cute blog! Good to see other Dallas bloggers.

MissBrandiss said...

Why cant we have any cool festivals here??!! lol

Well, have fun and take lots of pics for us.

Velma Williams said...

Lovely pics!!
some of my friends attend it yearly and all they said was, a person would be standing up for a longtime during the parade (which could be tiring, especially under the sun ), but the parties are lovely.

Yaary said...

this is so cutee!

Tiffany Mearite said...

Sorry Kenya!! I have not been to a Carribean Fest in years!!
TOO HOT!!!!! I CAN'T TAKE IT!!!!

Kenya said...

@Tamstyles Thanks for checking out my blog! Unfortunately, I'm not located in Dallas...I hope to be one day though.;-)

@Brandiss Awww! : \ I took lots of pics!

@Fashion Rehab Yes girl. A lot of ppl had chairs that they brought so they could sit down. I had fun, but the sun did beat me down! lol

@Tiffany My shirt was soaking wet! lol

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...